Tuesday 12 February 2019

Santos and Art Doll Live Workshop

When I was going to make art my initial direction in life right out of high school, I split my time between the theatre program, and art classes. One of my favorite art classes to take was ceramics. There was something about digging my hands into the wet clay, and being able to makes something beautiful, from something so simple and messy, that appealed to me. Even though I veered off-course a bit (by about 12 years ),a few years ago, I was able to get back into sculpting, and I made Santos and Art Dolls. I even taught on-line e-courses for Jeanne Oliver on her creative network, and had a few of my dolls published in various publications.

I am so excited to announce I am going to be digging my hands back into clay again, and teaching my first LIVE Santos and Art Doll hands-on workshop at The Collective lhe + Makery!

Santos and Art Doll Workshop Weekend at The Collective lhe +Makery in Lisle, IL

 

It’s a two day workshop where we’ll get our hands dirty in clay, and build the dolls from top to bottom , including armature, limbs, sculpting faces, painting, and even making wings if you want to add them!

Handmade Santos Art Doll Jennifer Rizzo

The weekend will include all materials, lunch, snacks and coffee both days.

Jennifer Rizzo Art doll

 

You can make a doll with a cage-like bottom, or a solid base.

Art doll by Jennifer Rizzo

We would love to have you join us, and if you’re coming in from out of town, we also have recommended hotels and lodging.

The Santos and Art Doll workshop has limited seating, so make sure you register early!

You can register or find out more information here.

The post Santos and Art Doll Live Workshop appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2019/02/santos-and-art-doll-live-workshop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment