Monday 29 October 2018

Easy DIY Faux Eucalyptus Wreath

I am a sucker for eucalyptus. I love both the seeded and regular kind. I know some people don’t like the way it smells, but I think it’s amazing. I love buying big, green bunches of it when it’s in season, and putting it around my home. Since the wide leaf kind (Silver Dollar)doesn’t dry very well,  I wanted to show you how to make a DIY faux eucalyptus wreath that you can enjoy all year. This wreath used two faux stems,and luckily, faux plants are getting better and better at how real they look, and the stems can be found fairly inexpensively.

Make a faux eucalyptus wreath Jennifer Rizzo

I actually grew baby eucalyptus this year in my garden. Where I’m at, it grows as an annual. I ended up with about three lovely stems, and hung them up. They smelled pretty awesome while they were drying out! And then the first frost killed it, before I could bring it in. I was very sad.

To make a DIY faux eucalyptus wreath, you’ll need four things :

 

Supplies for making a faux eucalyptus wreath Jennifer Rizzo

A 12-inch  macrame or embroidery hoop, stems of faux eucalyptus, fishing line or clear thread, and tacky glue.

To make a DIY faux eucalyptus wreath, tie a clear thread around the bottom of a stem Jennifer Rizzo

Start by pulling your stem a part into sections. Cut a long length of clear thread (about 15 inches), and knot theclear thread around the base of one of the faux stems. Using a green floral wire will also work, but the nice thing about the clear thread is it really gets lost in the greenery.

Wrap faux stem to gold wreath for a DIY faux eucalyptus wreath Jennifer RIzzo

Hold the stem to your hoop, and start wrapping the  thread around both the hoop and stem together, working your way up. Just before wrapping the top of the stem, add another one against it , layering them slightly, and start wrapping again.

Use a drop of glue to hold faux stems in place for eucalyptus wreath Jennifer Rizzo

When you’ve layered your faux stems all the way around the hoop, tie the  clear thread and add a drop of glue to hold them in place.

Faux eucalyptus wreath DIY on a macrame ring Jennifer Rizzo

I hung mine with twine tied at the top, but it could almost hang right off of the ring it’s on.

Coffee table setting with seeded eucalyptus

This picture is from last winter when I had a gorgeous bunch of it in my living room. It’s so nice to bring the green in when it’s so dreary outside!

 

The post Easy DIY Faux Eucalyptus Wreath appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2018/10/easy-diy-faux-eucalyptus-wreath.html

No comments:

Post a Comment