Wednesday 10 October 2018

New Driveway Makeover

Now that I’ve shared our front walk makeover, I have the new driveway  to share. I know it’s so much less exciting to look at, but I can tell you, it’s much easier to shovel in the winter!

Old asphalt driveway before new replacement driveway

When we moved in, it was one of those things that we knew we would have to do eventually, but it was such a big ticket item, that we put it off as long as we could. The last couple of years, it had so many weeds growing up through it, we knew we couldn’t put it off any longer, not to mention it was pretty embarrassing., and made out house look dumpy. I know in blogland, our homes are supposed to be perfect, because we make the pictures so pretty, in reality, that is far from the truth. In front of the expense of the driveway were medical bills, braces, and real life.

 So last fall, we finally decided to bite the bullet.   We did the front walk first earlier in the summer, and then waiting until fall to do the driveway. The timing worked out better for us that way.

Drive way excavated and asphalt replacement before

We had a really great company for the driveway. They were courteous, clean and fast. We didn’t change much about it, except cleaning up the edges. Much of them didn’t really exist anymore since it was so overgrown.

Completed new driveway replacement with asphalt in Chicago

This was a picture I grabbed a few days ago. The first time we drove on the newly paved driveway, I couldn’t believe how “not bumpy” it was. The last winter, it was so easy to clear the snow too. And, for the first time, my kids could actually roller skate on it.

New asphalt driveway

 

We try to do one big project a year on our home. I would like to replace the garage door next year, but we do have another teen who needs braces, and a soon-to-be-new driver, so that may have to wait… a few years. In the spring, I will at least give it a good coat of paint or two.

All I can say, is I am so happy it’s finally done! Do you have a project that’s you waited on a long time, and you were finally thrilled when it was finished?

The post New Driveway Makeover appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2018/10/new-driveway-makeover.html

No comments:

Post a Comment