Friday 19 May 2017

The BEST part of the bathroom reno

Hey hey! I had a different post planned for today but I am SO EXCITED about what went into the bathroom today, I just couldn't wait to show you. 

It's big people. Actually, it's really tiny. :) This bathroom has been a black hole for 13 years -- it's the only room in the house that didn't have a window. I've learned over the years that natural light is the best decorating accessory and it just plain improves my mood. We are lucky to have a ton of windows in our house and I would add even more. 

So for as long as I can remember I've wanted a window in this bathroom. It's been ready for a few weeks now:
Bathroom with dark gray floor tile

And this morning it went in:
Adding a window to a bathroom shower

I had to laugh because it is so tiny! 😆 We only had a small area available -- I didn't want it too low for obvious reasons (and I didn't want a lot of water getting up there) and we had to deal with the header above. We could have made it wider but I wanted it to be proportional to the shower. Because of the size I had to special order it and it came in in less than two weeks. 

This window is small but mighty! I keep walking by the bathroom just to see the outside. It's fabulous and lets in tons of light. 

Before with the lights off this room was a cavern. Now the sunshine fills the room! Here it is with no lights on:
Adding a window to shower

Alllll the heart eyes. 

That's it. That's all I wanted to show you today. :) Our precious tiny window. Ha! I'm just so stinking excited. Big stuff happening in here over the next few days so I'll share the progress with you next week! 

Have a great one!





from
http://www.thriftydecorchick.com/2017/05/the-best-part-of-bathroom-reno.html

No comments:

Post a Comment