Thursday 26 October 2017

Around the shop and daily life

I wanted to share a few pictures from around the shop, and share a little craziness going on around here. Just when things seem to settle into a comfortable hum, it all gets turned on it’s ear. It’s nothing major, just stuff that makes everything seem a little more frantic. In the last week, we’ve narrowly avoided, by the grace of God, being flooded a second  time. Others in our town weren’t so lucky. We’ve had a kid locked in a bedroom, and had to dismantle a doorknob, our computer crashed (I pulled out my PC so I can at least get stuff done.), but luckily,can be fixed, and we had a kid take a tennis ball to the eye. It’s daily life right that goes past the slick shininess of Facebook and other social media. My  bedroom makeover looks amazing, but in the next two rooms, we are missing a door knob, and two the  sisters  who share a room decided they hate each other, so most of my sheets are now tied between a curtain rod and the closet so they don’t have to look at each other.

Good times. I really need them to make a smile emoji just for parents that is silently crying on the inside.

On to prettier things, and what’s going on around the shop! We run into our bumps there too, but we are slowly getting ready for the holidays and will be flipping the store. We are going to be having a holiday open house and would love for you to come! I’ll announce the date next week. We are going to have something special for bloggers and my especially my blog readers. I want to let you know how much I appreciate you and all of your support!

I wanted to share a few pictures of the store before we change it all over for the holidays. One of my favorite things to do is to style vignettes and stage the product (my least favorite is anything administrative.).

Fall vignette at The Collective lhe in Lisle

 

Retail display at the Collective lhe in Lisle

Retail display using vintage doors and peeks around the shop at The Collective lhe in Lisle, IL

While the shop has been busily going along, our Makery has also been really really,busy. We are booking a lot of private events and girls nights out, and our classes have been filling up fast. We just added our November workshop schedule, and have added extra daytime classes, workshops, and we are adding fun, new experiences as well.

We did a wood burning tray class with Walnut Hollow products. It was so much fun! I actually want to wood burn everything. I know that sounds really pyro of me, but if you’ve never tried it, it’s really cool.

Thanks for letting me chat at you for a few minutes and share a little of what’s been going on in my life and around the shop! I’ll hopefully have our regular computer back soon so I can get back to regularly posting!

 

The post Around the shop and daily life appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/10/around-the-shop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment