Wednesday 14 June 2017

Easy thrift store hanging rope mirror

I picked up a wood mirror at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I actually decided to keep it as wood and not paint it…I know, shocker, right? I just liked the darker walnut tone. But, on it’s own it felt a little bit heavy. I thought if I added something to hang it from, it might make it a little more current as a hanging rope mirror. It’s amazing how adding something as simple as a piece of rope can change the entire appearance!

Wood mirror before having rope

It was such a simple brown, wood mirror that needed a little something else. It wasn’t at the correct height either  for any of the shorties in this house to see themselves,and I didn’t want to move the screw.

I took a length of rope from the Home improvement store,tied knot in the ends,and added some screws to the back to hang them from. It took about 5 minutes. It’s probably one of the fastest and easiest DIY’s I’ve ever done. I wish they could all be this easy!

Hanging dark wood rope mirror with hanger against white walls for a boho collected feel.

 

It was super quick, and made it so it hung at just the right length for the Littles, even though they aren’t as little as they used to be anymore.  I like the darker wood of the rope mirror, and the natural contrast of the rope against the white walls.

Hanging rope wood mirror for an older mirror easy update

I added my pink vase from Target, a candle from Anthro I bought last season,  a few vintage books, and the last of my Peonies.

Peonies are here for just a short period of time. I wish they would last longer than a week or two. Once the rain came, they totally gave up.

Vignette on Muchroom paint colored dresser and pink vase. Love the idea of using Hosta in a vase!

Natural wood is lovely. It’s making a comeback, and I think you are going to be seeing more and more of it this next year in decor towards fall. While natural wood never ever really goes out of style, it’s all about the tone and color. I am in love with the wood tone from this coffee table I sanded and white waxed.

I love this vignette with the wood rope mirror and white walls.

It was such a simple and easy update. Don’t you just love projects like that?

 

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

The post Easy thrift store hanging rope mirror appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/06/easy-rope-mirror.html

No comments:

Post a Comment