Thursday 1 June 2017

Mini-outdoor brick patio makeover

I am linking with a few bloggers to share our patios and outdoor spaces.  I did an mini-outdoor brick patio makeover on a budget, by moving the furniture around, and adding a few new pieces, plus the DIY table I put together from a galvanized tub and old marble top.

This was what it looked like before. I snapped this at the end of the season last year, but it pretty much looked like this rolling into spring.

Brick patio and backyard area

 And here is it with a bit of a refresh. I know some people don’t like moss between their pavers, but I love it. Sometimes we get a few little plants, and weeds too. I could scrub it clean, but it is  patio, and it is outside. I am A-OK with au naturale outside, so here is my “imperfect patio”.

mini-outdoor brick patio makeover with new accessories

I moved the furniture a bit, and changed out the table.

Landscaped patio area with flowers

I picked up the  cute,rattan plant stand at Ikea.

Outdoor sitting area refresh

I already had the two square pillows and I added an accent pillow from Target. Just enough to add a pop of color!

Outdoor basket and blanket

The basket is from Ikea also. I keep it near my backdoor, and when I go outside to read, I can take a the blanket, my books, phone etc. all in one swoop, instead of trying to juggle everything. The same goes if I want to come back inside. It only took me 5 years of dropping things to figure it out.

Knock out roses

This area is one of my favorite parts of my yard. The roses are from our grocery store! $12.99 is a great deal for these beautiful Knock out roses! Once it gets closer to fall, I’ll put them in the ground.

Ferns in outdoor area

I kept the old work bench a a “sofa table” for my outdoor couch. I love having a lantern and a fern on it. It’s shady enough that it lasts all season.

Backyard patio makeover with landscaped area and garden

This is one of my favorite places to sit in the summer.

Arbor and yard walk through

It feels like a secret garden. I am trying to decide if we keep the grass in this small area, or if we put pea gravel down. I would love to be able to put a small cafe table back here.

mini-outdoor brick patio makeover in a small side yard

 Make sure you check out the other blogger’s patios and outdoor spaces!!!

Kindred Vintage

My French Country Cottage

Liz Marie Blog

Dear Lillie

Save

Save

Save

Save

The post Mini-outdoor brick patio makeover appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/06/mini-outdoor-brick-patio-makeover.html

No comments:

Post a Comment