Wednesday 13 September 2017

Help us decide on a refrigerator!

Well hello! It felt like things were happening at the new house at a slower pace for awhile, and now it's picking up again. We're crossing our fingers we'll be in the house next month. 👊💃👏

There are a couple things that aren't included with the build -- a water softener (which is a must in our area) and a refrigerator. The other appliances are included with the home price, but the fridge is one we need to get on soon. 

In our last house we had a couple different refrigerators. Neither I would highly recommend. The first pooped out on us and we ended up having to do an insurance claim because the ice melted and ruined our old floors. Fun times. 

Our second was pretty but it was finicky about things. I believe it was a Kenmore:
How to keep stainless clean the easy way

And if I remember right Kenmore is actually LG, and our appliance guy didn't service that brand for some reason. So we always had to search for someone that would. By the way, go here to see how I kept that one so clean (easiest cleaning ever, I promise).

This time we're going with all KitchenAid. We bought a slide in range in that brand a couple years back and I LOVED it: 
slide in KitchenAid gas range

Not only was it pretty, but it worked great and was SUPER easy to clean. 

I've never had all matching appliances in my life. A first at nearly 42 years old! So I'm kind of excited about that and we plan on purchasing a fridge in that same brand. 

Here's the thing -- normally our builder does a little build out behind the refrigerators in their homes so the buyer doesn't have to pay extra for counter depth. Love that -- but unfortunately our plan didn't allow for it. 

The counter depth design is a little more shallow so it doesn't stick way out into the area in front of it. They are awesome because they fit nicely into the spot, but are usually more expensive. 

So this is my dilemma -- we won't finance this so I don't want to spend more than we really need to right now. I found this one at Lowe's the other day and put it on my Instagram stories because my boy and I were in awe of how beautiful it was: 
refrigerator with soft close drawers

Well, OK. The outside isn't anything special but just wait till you see inside. It's gorgeous. Yes, I just said a refrigerator is gorgeous: 
fancy KitchenAid fridge

See?? It even has soft close drawers. INSIDE the fridge. I mean, come on

And of course many of you wrote to me telling me you had it and loved it and told me to go for it. ;)

Thing is, the handles are more of an industrial look that I don't think will jive with our kitchen. And I've had this wild hair about perhaps not having the water and ice on the door. I kind of like the simple look of this one: 
fridge without ice and water on door

There's a water dispenser inside and the ice comes out into a tray in the freezer. So here's my question for you all -- anyone have a fridge without the water and ice dispenser on the front? Do you love it or hate it? If you specifically have this design I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I've read that it's kind of a pain to get water because you have to use two hands. I can see that being an annoyance. And we would miss crushed ice, not gonna lie. But this baby is nearly HALF the price of the other ones so I'm considering it. I would like not having to clean up after the water on the front all the time. And the ice on our old fridge would get iced together so we'd have to reach in there all the time to get it unstuck. This one would have a much bigger bin for ice as well, so we'd have much more on hand when we had people over.

I'd love to know if any of you have any experience with it! Any other brands or refrigerators you have and love? I'm open to other options if they are well priced and come highly recommended. I'm not budging on this design though -- I love the French door with freezer on the bottom. :)

Let me know your thoughts! You guys always have good info to share. I'll be back with a house update later this week!




from
http://www.thriftydecorchick.com/2017/09/help-us-decide-on-refrigerator.html

No comments:

Post a Comment