Tuesday 19 September 2017

Simple fall touches in our living room and MCM chairs

I am excited to be joining the Seasons of Home holiday series again this week! We are sharing our family rooms, but I had to break the rules a bit and share simple fall touches our my living room instead. We are still getting the house back together after refinishing our upstairs floors ( more to share on that tomorrow!) and the family room hasn’t quite recovered yet.

Living room with fall touches and midcentury modern chiars

I’ve only added a few simple fall touches as of right now. We haven’t had cool weather yet, which is thankful, but a little weird for here. I am glad for the warmer weather, but it’s hard to get in that boots and plaid mood when it’s 90 degrees out. The trees also seem slightly confused.

Living room with MCM furniture and simple fall touches

 

I recently found some really amazing mid-century modern chairs on Craigslist. I’m looking for fabric to reupholster them, so for now they still have some weird, beige office furniture-looking fabric on them. I am trying to decide between a large pattern, or something simple and solid like a velvet. I think I will know it when I see it. I’ve noticed my style lately is a little boho, and little vintage, and slightly MCM (Mid century modern).

Midecentury modern chairs

They have these really amazing wood backs on them. I am totally in love with them!

MCM chairs

And I really love the lines on them. I don’t always get lucky, but these were a great find.

Fall flowers on coffee table

My coffee table has fairly simple fall touches, some beautiful fresh flowers, and some mums in a jar and a pretty blue pumpkin.

Fall mantel

I also have a few pumpkins on my mantel as well, and some hand-painted decorative plates.

I know as I get further into fall, I’ll have more decor to show you. Make sure you stop by these other bloggers family rooms, all dressed up for fall.

Ella Claire | Miss Mustard Seed | French Country Cotage | Love Grows Wild

City Farmhouse | Craftberry Bush | Rooms for Rent | Jennifer Rizzo

Nesting with Grace | Shades of Blue Interiors | My Sweet Savannah | Dear Lillie

and our lovely featured guest, Zevy Joy

 

Save

Save

Save

The post Simple fall touches in our living room and MCM chairs appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/09/simple-fall-touches-living-room-family-room.html

No comments:

Post a Comment