Friday 29 September 2017

Last look at the house before we move in!

Happy Friday! Things have happened so quick at the house, it's been hard to even keep you up to date. It's about done, but there is still a long list of items that need to get done -- inside and out. But because we're just about finished up, at least with the big stuff, I wanted to show you some semi-final photos. I probably won't share the house again until we move in so this may be it for a few weeks!

I've added a few before photos as well, so you can see how it's come together! Here's my favorite view in the house, even back then!:
open family room with stairs

I have learned through this build process that I have an ability to see things as they will look finished. I mean, I've always known that about myself, but I'm realizing a lot of people don't, because my husband and child both are even a little surprised at how well it's come together. They just couldn't see how it would turn out, no matter how much I explained it. 

But I did. :) Couldn't be happier with our new staircase: 
wood stairs, white newel posts, stained hand rails

UGH I love it! It's exactly as it was in my head. I'm SO glad I went with white newel posts -- I changed that kind of late in the game and I'm thrilled with it all. I already know what I want for that wall. :) 

Our master is completely done -- I'm going to try to get in to hang our new light sometime soon. I am starting to develop a vision for this room and I think it's going to be really beautiful: 
bed between two windows

I mentioned before how much I'm looking forward to our new shower, because our old one was tiny. Shaving my legs was always an event. Now...we have a bench. TO SIT ON: 
Hexagon marble tile in shower

I am obsessed with the tile I picked for the floor. I have a feeling it's going to be a pain to clean and I don't even care. Nope. 

I have so many plans in mind for the mud room/laundry already. It's going to be a fun space! Here's what it looked like before: 
Mud room laundry combo

And here's a similar shot (window is to the right): 
Ceramic tile that looks like marble

The tile is ceramic and made to look like marble. I adore it. Many of you have asked about sources or brand names and I'm working on getting a list. All of this was sourced through the builder so I don't have a clue on most of them. But I will have them soon and will update these posts!

This next room is the one that I basically want to just throw a mattress on the floor and sleep in it because I love it so much. Our pantry was the size of a small closet in the old house (and I loved it!). But this is next level my friends: 
walk in pantry with melamine shelves

It goes around to the right too, and I'm SO GLAD we splurged on the melamine shelving in here. I have fun plans in here -- it's going to be a cute and functional space. I've said it before but it's these smaller spaces (closets, our shower, this pantry) that I'm most excited about. 

By the way, I've had so many people say to me, "What will you do now that you have a house with no projects?" And I just answer with do you even know me?? 😂😂 I have a million projects in my head. You KNOW I'm going to add my personal touch to everything. 

The hardware went up in the kitchen and it looks even better than I imagined: 
white cabinets brass hardware

The glass went in the upper cabinets this week as well. The appliances are all in except for the stove hood. That's the story at this point -- exterior paint is done except for doors, tile is done except for about five tiles they were short, lights are mostly up except for the ones I'm literally DYING to see installed. Lots of almost there...so close!
gray island white cabinets brass hardware
I told you about the sexy fridge we were looking at a few weeks ago (yes, sexy), and our dishwasher is inside too. All sleek and pretty and functional with all kinds of drawers and doodads and you just open it up to look at it. At least I do.

I'm already dreaming up ideas for the powder room. I love small spaces like this because you can have so much fun with them. I adore the vanity (gotta find a basket for underneath) and the pretty countertop and sink:
gray vanity with open shelf

I have to get a mirror for in there too and I can't wait to show you the light fixture! 😍

Here's a view of the fireplace months ago: 
two story fireplace in family room

And here it is with light gray subway tile: 
light gray fireplace tile, white grout

I wanted simple but classic, and the gray tile with white grout is so, so good. I can't wait to get this room put together!! 

I don't think I'll share the house again till we move in, but that could change. We think the cleaners will be out next week or the week after and I can't wait to see it all cleaned up and ready to move in! Being patient and mature while waiting is HARD. Our ten-year-old is more patient than I've been. 

Hope you enjoyed the update!! Have a great weekend my friends! 



from
http://www.thriftydecorchick.com/2017/09/last-look-at-house-before-we-move-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment