Sunday 12 November 2017

3 French Hens Holiday Market 2017

This time of year gets very busy with shows and markets! One of my favorites is the 3 French Hens Holiday Market in Morris, Il. This will be the 5th year I’ve done this show, and it’s just the thing to get me in the holiday mood! We are lucky enough to have the same location every year. This year we had the privilege of being next to Mother Wilma’s S’mores truck. I am telling you, the smell of burning sugar and hot chocolate all day long was pretty awesome. The only thing that is hard about the market is a lot of it is outside, and we are basically in a giant metal shed. While there is a heater, and it does take the chill off, it still can be a tad bit frosty. We’ve learned to dress warm, and I have a mechanics heat mat for our feet. That helps a lot. But, the shoppers didn’t seems to mind at all! Most of them were very prepared to go in and outside.

I snapped some pictures of some of the vendors in our area. It was so busy, I didn’t really get to see any of the outside vendors. There were some pretty fabulous ones too, though I don’t know how they did it in the cold like that. I know many had smaller heaters, but I don’t do so well in cold like that any more. I know there would be no way I would be able to be outside in 15 degrees like that for two days straight.

The Collective lhe at 3 French Hens Market

I hope you enjoy a look at the 3 French Hens Holiday Market! I grabbed the pics with my phone,so they might be slightly out of focus. For our booth,we decided to carry our buffalo check,Camp Christmas, black and red theme to the market by making a “tent” out of fabric. We really had a fun time and were able to chat with lots of blog readers who came out to visit, and a few old friends as well. I was able to sign some books, and meet some really nice people as well!

Smore food truck

 

3 French hens display

 

Happy holiday sign

Spruce tips holiday show display

Display at holiday market

Outside display 3 french hens holiday market 2018

Cute holiday display

This cute display is from The Family Roost. They also sell at The Found Cottage.

I wish I had taken more pictures. There were so many cute displays! I really wanted to shop, but we were just too busy, which is  a bummer when I see such amazing things as I quickly run by!

If you are in the area this week, stop in the shop and visit us 10-5 every day,10-7 on Thursdays, and 10-4 on Saturday. We have the most amazing pine-scented candles in stock! I’ll be at the Washington Street Market on Saturday and Sunday in Naperville this weekend (18 & 19), and that will be our last show of the year! Also,mark your calendars for our special open house on Small Business Saturday, and our Merry on Main event on December 2nd!

Merry on Main in Downtown Lisle

Jen

The post 3 French Hens Holiday Market 2017 appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/11/3-french-hens-holiday-market-2017.html

No comments:

Post a Comment