Monday 20 November 2017

My Holiday Family Room-A Bit Vintage,Boho, and Midcentury Mod

Welcome to another Seasons of Home holiday series, holiday family room edition! I am excited to start to get my house decked out, because next week is my annual Holiday Housewalk!!

Seasons of home holiday series

Since our home is on the cozier side, our living room is actually a room we use a lot, as a second family room! We all hang out and drink our coffee there in the morning, and in the evening, when we spread out around the house, the kids will read, and hang with us as, and watch videos on their phones (I’m only being slightly sarcastic.). Our holiday family room is a little on the simpler side this year. We have partnered with HomeGoods to add some special touches of holiday decor.

One question we’ve always gotten is where our TV is. We don’t have one in this room. We actually only have ever had two TV’s in our entire house (and one is in our room.). It’s actually nice to have one room in the house that has no electronics at all, this is also my favorite room to read in.

Boho midecentury modern holiday family room

I picked up this rug in the fall, and I love the color it adds to our room! It looks great with the coffee table I sanded down to natural wood and topped with white wax. I’ve been looking for a new small settee, to replace our other one, but haven’t found one yet. I did decide to try it on the other side of the room for now. I moved our two MCM chairs to just in front of the faux mantel.

Midecentury modern living rroom decorated for the holidays

I found that I was in a tree-themed mode this year, and once I found these beautiful water-color pillows from HomeGoods, I decided to just kind of run with it. I love how even with all of the greenery, my snake plant looks fun and fresh between the chairs.

Mercury glass trees

I saw these beautiful mercury glass trees  that are on the mantel at Homegoods, and I paired my DIY village lluminaries with them. I love mercury glass and metallics in the winter! It adds such a nice bit of sparkle when it gets drab outside. You can see how I made the luminaries here.

MOdern metal asymetrical wreath

I took our retail store, The Collective lhe + Makery, on the road for a few weekends, and had a booth at a few holiday shows. My friend, Julie, makes these amazing metal wreaths and was next to me this last weekend… and of course I bought one to add to my holiday family room decor. I love how it looks with the mercury glass trees!

MIdcentury modern holiday decor and living room holidy decor

I scooped up this really amazing preserved leaf tree that had agate slices on it at HomeGoods,how awesome is that? I am going to keep it out all through January. I added a smaller one on top of a natural wood stool I found there too, and put a bit of boxwood from my garden in a vase.

Magnolia leaf tree and boho greenery

I kept my coffee table somewhat simple with some wooden trees and a beautiful, glistening ,gold mercury glass candle from HomeGoods.

Wood trees and gold candle on cofeee table

On the couch, I added a giant,soft  faux fur throw from HomeGoods. I am waiting to see how long it lasts in our living room, because I find that really soft, fluffy throws seem to make their way to the kids room and totally disappear. Occasionally, I will find them coming back downstairs, wrapped around a pajama-clad body, and then  head right back upstairs; never to be seen again.

Frosty garland tree,and neutral pillows

The tree is really simple this year. I might add a few more ornaments, but for now, I really love the frosty and mercury glass ball garlands looped around with the white lights.

I hope you enjoyed a look at my holiday living room. Make sure you visit the other Season’s of Home bloggers to see their beautiful holiday living rooms!

Ella Claire | Rooms for Rent | Shades of Blue Interiors | Love Grows Wild

French Country Cottage | City Farmhouse | Kindred Vintage | Jeanne Oliver

Jennifer Rizzo | Craftberry Bush | Miss Mustard Seed | My Sweet Savannah

Nesting with Grace | Dear Lillie | Julie Blanner | Liz Marie Blog

And our featured guest, Thistlewood Farms

The post My Holiday Family Room-A Bit Vintage,Boho, and Midcentury Mod appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/11/holiday-family-room.html

No comments:

Post a Comment