Monday 6 November 2017

A Christmas Kitchen For The Seasons Of Home

And let the holiday decorating begin!! If you are not a holiday decorator until after Thanksgiving, you and the rest of my family feel about the same way. I received nothing but groans as I happily chucked the pumpkins into the dumpster, and told hubby to start dragging the trees out of the attic. I know my family would much rather wait until later to get into the holiday spirit. I am a Christmas lover, but I know the rest of the world feels differently. As I stared decking my Christmas kitchen, I realized we have the double curse of being in retail, and blogging, so I always have to be a season ahead. Really though, my family is  lucky I don’t insist on hanging the stockings right after the Fourth of July. Though, I will say, some publications want to shoot your holiday home when it’s convenient for them, and normally, that’s right around May or June.

Seasons of home holiday series

I am excited to be a part if the Seasons of Home series again. I love being able to peek inside of how other people are decorating their spaces for the holidays. With that in mind,we are also gearing up again for the Holiday Housewalk 2017! Make sure you stop by to see over 30 bloggers share their homes, fully decorated for the season! You can see last years house walk here.

Jennifer Rizzo's Christmas kitchen with pops of red and plaid

This year for my kitchen, I added some fun touches with things we carry in the shop! I used a a fun blue pom pom scarf as a table runner. I loved that it had some red in it, and I could play off the red in my dutch ovens. They are permanent fixtures on my stove, I use them all of the time.I love how our new subway tile looks in the background!

Plaid table runner and winter mugs for cocoa in Jennifer Rizzo's Christmas kitchen

I made some delicious sipping chocolate we carry by a local chocolatier, and added plenty of whipped cream in some mugs I found at Homegoods a few years ago. I actually have to hide this from my kids because they will eat it straight out of the bag with a spoon, it’s like 80 percent hand-grated semi-sweet chocolate. I swear wolves did not raise them, even though it seems otherwise. I guess I should consider myself lucky with that they at least use a spoon.

Christmas vignette with vintage bottle bursh trees in Jennifer Rizzo's Christmas ktichen

I added some sparkly touches like the glitter bottle brush trees, and these cute, little ceramic deer we have scattered all over the shop, and a yummy vanilla-scented candle.

Kitchen sink holiday window Jennifer Rizzo kitchen

My  window is always my favorite spot, and I added a cute hand towel, and some silver garland over the sink area. I added some faux greenery to add some cheer to the window sill, since I spend so much time there.

Kitchen window with a bird and faux greenery Jennifer Rizzo Christmas ktichen

I love being able to display my vintage Santa mugs in my Christmas kitchen, though I can never decide if these mugs are cute, or just a little but scary.

VIntage Santa mugs on a windw sill

Who doesn’t love a bird! These little birds on pine cones are so adorable! We also have these beautiful plates that say Merry and Bright, and  I made sure I grabbed one for myself. They are going to be perfect to serve some cookies on!

MErry and bright plate and litle bird

I kept my open shelves somewhat simple, and just added a few touches beyond what I normally have.

OPen shelving in holiday decor idea in Jennifer Rizzo's kitchen

I added some fresh seeded eucalyptus which is my favorite, and brought out all of my gold rimmed glasses, and copper for a touch of sparkle. The nice thing about being short is the top shelf will only ever be display.

OPen shelves decorated or the holiday's in Jennifer Rizzo's kitchen

It might be boring to do the same thing over and over, but every year, I always add mercury glass and greenery to my gram’s chandelier. This year my Alaskan Cedar was big enough to take some really nice cuttings from which was really exciting (For me. I know, I’m a garden geek.). A few years ago,I decided to start planting my yard as an all season cutting garden, which means there is something I can bring inside all year round. I love going out and gathering all kinds of things to decorate inside my home, even when it’s too cold to go outside!

Chandelier with greesn and mercury glass

Thank you so much for joining me on this Christmas kitchen tour! Make sure to visit all of the other talented bloggers on the tour to see their beautiful homes!

Ella Claire | French Country Cottage | Miss Mustard Seed | Shades of Blue Interiors

Craftberry Bush | Rooms for Rent | Dear Lillie | Julie Blanner

Jennifer Rizzo | Kindred Vintage | Love Grows Wild | Jeanne Oliver

Nesting with Grace | and our featured guest, A Burst of Beautiful

The post A Christmas Kitchen For The Seasons Of Home appeared first on Jennifer Rizzo.



from
https://jenniferrizzo.com/2017/11/christmas-kitchen.html

No comments:

Post a Comment